Monday, January 24, 2011

Are you ready to Zumbaaaa?

Photo from: http://dalnews.dal.ca/2009/11/03/zumba.html

So, I went to my first Zumba class last night with the ever-energetic Richard Gormley and it was... a party! The steps were not that hard to pick up but considering that I'm used to choreography it may take other first-timers a couple of classes to get the hang of it. The fun part about the class, though, was that there was no pressure at all. If I went the wrong way or if I wasn't doing the moves perfectly it really didn't matter. Everyone was smiling, shaking and having a good time! There was a good mix of younger and older people as well as different abilities and body shapes. The class was very open and was not intimidating at all! Richard even invited some lucky Zumba-ers up on the stage for certain dances...

I'll definitely be going again soon. Also, with Richard's encouragement I've been thinking about signing up for the Zumba instructor course so I can start teaching. It's pretty much just teaching choreography with some extra cardio moves woven in throughout so I feel like it wouldn't be too difficult for me to do. I've already begun to plan Zumba routines while listening to my iPod.... I think I've got it... Zumba fever!

xo Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your little notes always make my day!