Sunday, March 27, 2011

3-ingredient oreo truffles

This simple recipe from Kraft is perfect for potlucks, babyshowers (not at my age!), to share with co-workers or friends, or let's be real here... split the 40 truffles with your lovey. I ended up doing a comination of the last 2 and let me tell you, they did not last long.

I'm actually really excited about trying this recipe again with just a slight variation, but I'll get to that later. Now, here's the recipe:


What You Need

1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 pkg.  (16.6 oz.) OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 4-1/4 cups), divided
2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted

Mix cream cheese and 3 cups cookie crumbs until well blended. **(I popped the mixture into the fridge for a bit just to harden it up so it would be easier to ball up.)
 
Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. (I also popped the balls in the freezer for a bit to make them easier to dip.)


skeleton hand!



Dip in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.(I didn't save any crumbs for this... )
 
Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.



xo Janelle 

I left some un-dipped, dipped some & then rolled some in peanut pieces.

So, even though I made a couple variations I'm looking forward to trying more. I want to try mint oreos dipped in white chocolate, or vanilla oreos with semi-sweet chocolate.

Also, a tip I gathered from the comments on the Kraft website was to use forks to dip the balls in the chocolate. This helped the extra chocolate run off and made it a lot, A LOT, less messy!

Bottom line: quick recipe, easy recipe, yummy recipe. That's good enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your little notes always make my day!