Monday, October 31, 2011

Weekend Recap: The one where Charlie, a bumblebee, Black Swan & a beekeeper go bowling

This post is a complete 180 from the naked face challenge 2 weeks ago. From no make-up to the most I've ever had on my face. But I'll get to that in a minute. First I want to tell you about my weekend.

Friday night D (my boy), B (the roomie) & B's girlfriend C hit the mall for some last minute costume essentials. Once we snagged those, we played 3 rounds of cosmic bowling for free! (B's program was having an event.) On Saturday I took Abby for a long walk, ran some errands downtown, had pulled pork sandwiches for supper and then the fun started... Halloween costumes. I think homemade costumes are the best. I always have fun putting them together! Show & tell time:

B & C had an adorable couples costume... bee & beekeeper.
Photo credit: Sarah MacLellan

Aren't they the sweetest?

D & I did not match. At all. But we haven't done a matching costume in the past 4 years. Maybe next year... So, he was Charlie from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia & I was Black Swan!
after running home in the rain/wind

How cute is D in his long johns & my socks? If you don't watch the show, check out this photo for reference. Pretty accurate I'd say! I am really happy with the way our costumes turned out! I'm also happy I did a trial run of the makeup (one eye) on Monday night to make sure it was possible with the cosmetics I had. And because I'm sure your dying to see some close-ups (note: sarcasm), here are some more vain  photos of my costume! These were all taken at the end of the night (1:30am), so my make-up held up really well. Especially considering it was pouring when we walked to the party.








Detail shots:



looks better in the dark :)
The most hilarious part of the night was when I took Abby out for a quick bathroom break while I had my costume on. Some guys while walking by: "Is that Black Swan? Hey, are you Black Swan? Me: "Yep." Guys: "Hey look, Black Swan has a dog. What's your dogs name?"

How was your "Halloween" weekend? Did you go out and dress up? Watch a scary movie? Carve a pumpkin? I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to link up to your Halloween-themed post in the comments! 





6 comments:

  1. Hey Janelle, you and your costume look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Black Swan make up! That seemed to be a popular costume this year. You're make up was better than everyone elses though haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your black swan costume is kickin'! I saw another black swan costume this weekend, but yours takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looooving your costume! You look fantastic and I think you pulled it off well!
    xo Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your costume! you did pull it off.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your little notes always make my day!