Sunday, April 29, 2012

sticks in the park

Hiii! Thanks for stopping by my blog. My posts here have been non-existent for the past few weeks because, as I mentioned earlier, my computer was dying on me, little by little. This weekend was the last straw. This girl 'needs' internet.

A couple of weeks ago, Abby, the boys & I headed outside after work for some play time in the park. I am definitely appreciating the extra few hours of sunshine in the evenings. It's hard to believe that just a month ago it got dark at five and now the sun doesn't seem to set until after eight. I used to see Spring as a rainy, muddy pit stop that stood between me and summer, but I'm learning to appreciate it more.


While the boys tossed around the football, Abby & I romped around a bit.



Although Victoria Park isn't technically a 'dog park', lots of owners give their pups some off leash time here. I'm a little hesitant to let her off-leash unless there is another dog to keep her close. She is so easily distracted and tends to wander jet off at high speed when she gets her first taste of freedom. Luckily for her, though, there were a ton of sticks laying around so I decided to chance giving her some freedom. Luckily for me, it worked!


I leave the leash on her, so she's easier to grab.

When we try to play with her outside, whether it's with a ball, bone or her favorite stuffie, she wants nothing to do with us; but all we have to do is find the biggest, baddest stick and she is all over us. She is a wild-dog through and through.



I hope you all have a lovely, relaxing Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Love your gorgeous pup! I have two and when we take them to the park: one spends the whole time being social with other dogs, the other hides behind my legs for the entire visit! Funny animals aren't they!? xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your little notes always make my day!