Thursday, March 14, 2013
a good day : all the little things
I don't really have a picture to go with today's post, so hope you don't mind the random one above.
How was your Thursday? Are any of you still reeling from the time change, like me? A lot of the girls at work have said that they've been feeling extra tired this year. I can't decide if I think everyone is having a harder time adjusting this year or if we just forget how it affects us each year. I'm not trying to be negative, just something I noticed.
Anyway, despite sleeping through my alarm once again and almost missing my bus, I had a pretty good day. Here are some little things that made it special:
- As I stepped onto our front stoop to take Abby out for her morning business, I noticed a five dollar bill plastered to the wood. It must have fallen out of one of our neighbour's pockets during the rain. You can bet I bent right over and picked up the sopping wet bill and put it in my pocket. Since we do have a few neighbours that use that door, I'm not sure who it belongs to so I think I'll keep it. Is that bad (karma)?
- I got to see the cutest little boy at work today. Every kid I see is the cutest. #babyfeverallthetime. He was waiting with his mom and he dropped his tiny blue eater egg on the ground - or so I thought. When I picked it up and gave it back to him, he tossed it once again. And then I gave it to his mom. C'mon little one, I'm smarter than that... But you're just too cute.
- Follies at the dog park again tonight. There was a whole pack of them tonight. They drank a lot of puddle water, ate a lot of sticks and spent the majority of the time marking their territory. That pretty much sums it up!
- My hairdresser is awesome. It took a long time for me to find her and now I won't let anyone else touch my hair. She's the first person I ever let colour my hair when I got ombre last Dec. Today I just got a little trim, but it feels really good.
- After my appointment, I got to catch up with a friend of mine, who is like a sister to me at Humani-T, a cafe downtown. We kind of have a bit of a history: Our moms were best friends in high school, lost touch in college and then reconnected when they were pregnant. They are a family of three girls and then there is me and my sister and brother. We used to go camping every year for a week since we were in diapers, so they truly feel like family. I feel like I can be 100% myself around her and we can talk about all of the family stuff and we just get it, you know what I mean? It's always nice to chat with her... I enjoyed it very much. And I had a delicious pulled pork sandwich.
- Oh, and I started a new book today, Before I Go to Sleep. So far, the first ten pages are very intriguing and remind me quite a bit of the Notebook, but it's a thriller, not a romance so I know the tables will turn. I'm already thinking about what might happen, so that's a good sign. Have you read it?
So this post is a bit random, I suppose, but I like to keep track of the small, simple pleasures. It helps keep me optimistic and I truly believe that positivity breeds good things.
I hope you all have a great Friday, whether your at work, school, home or traveling. Be safe!