Monday, March 11, 2013

mondays are for quick suppers & dog park adventures

I have news! Usually, I keep all work info off the blog, but I'm ready to share just a little bit. I started a new job in Education Coordination! I accepted the position at the end of January, but only started two weeks ago. I'm not going to spill all the details, but I am very happy with my new position and I think that it was a smart decision.
--

One of the perks of my new job is that I get home at 5, instead of 5:30 which gives me a little extra time to get supper ready or... get caught up on all the blogs that went up during the day. Today we had some hamburger left over from our burritos last night and we had big plans for it. Nachos.



Complete with dairy-free cheese. My belly thanked me. And it was ready in less than twenty minutes!

Although all I wanted to do after eating half a pan of nachos was curl up in the fetal position, D suggested taking advantage of the extra daylight (thank you, DST) by bringing Abs to the off-leash park. So, I dragged my lazy butt off the couch and off we went.

Lately we haven't had much luck at the dog park. This past weekend we went up two or three times, but there just weren't any dogs for Abby to romp with. I think people may have been avoiding it, since the field was/is full of mud, muck and dirt.


Oh, but tonight there were no less than five (!!) dogs for her to play with. She had a blast. A big muddy, blast. She is really making progress with her recall training and she comes more often than not when we call her. We are so happy for that. She has come a long way! I couldn't stop talking about what a good girl she was being...




After she got a little spray down with a waterbottle and a towel off, she polished off her food. Too busy to even look up for the paparazzi. Divaaa.

To get warmed up from our walk, I grabbed a hot drink and cuddled up on the couch with D. While he watched the newest episode of Walking Dead, I hurried through as much of the last few chapters of The Rainbow Troops as I could. It's due back at the library on Wednesday and I still have about 60 pages to finish tomorrow... It's doable. Sometimes I can get through a chapter or two on my commute, since the chapters are only about 5 pages long max.



On the right is my current bookmark. It's a photo of me and my mom at the beach near our house when I was a little one. Check out our eighties style.

And we topped our night off by doing some dishes. We live a wild life of adventure.



I hope your Monday went well. The hardest day of the week is over! That's something to celebrate.

Goodnight,
xx Janelle

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! That is so exciting! And your dinner looks sooo goood!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on starting a new job. I hope it continues to go well and is a positive move in your life. Lucky pooch to finally find some playmates. I wish her and our Jasper could play together. :) And those nachos? They look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I so wish they could play together too. It's funny because last night she played with a dog who looked just like your Jasper and they were adorable together....

      Delete
  3. Sometimes doing the dishes is all the adventure we have around here too. lol!

    There is so much fun to be had at the dog park! I have to say my favorite thing is how tired they get after all that playing. We get home and there is no more trouble making because all those pups want to do is sleeeep! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your little notes always make my day!