Saturday, March 30, 2013

currently : a long, long weekend.

Photo from April 2012 - Point Pleasant Park

I hope you're all enjoying your long weekend so far! D & I escaped to the country for a few days of relaxation at his parents' place. I slept in until 9 this morning (!!) - which is somewhat rare because I usually wake up at 8 on weekends for doggie business. 

I have a fun details post coming up for you tomorrow with the little hints of Spring I've been spotting around here. For now, here's what I've been up to lately...

CURRENTLY

Drinking: The most bitter coffee I've ever tasted. I was maybe a little too excited to try out D's mom's new Keurig machine and was let down hard with the first sip - swamp water. She said it has something to do with their water supply, since they have a well and a softener. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I am a diva and bring my own bottle of city water when I come here. Because of that, I probably should have used it to make the coffee. Oh well!

The rest of this post will be less whiny. I promise!

Thankful for: Scoring things I want to buy, for free. A series of coincidences yesterday resulted in me acquiring three new things - two of which I planned on buying soon. I noticed a bunch of pill cases in the living room and mentioned that it reminded me that I needed to buy one. Sure enough, D's mom had one stashed that she wasn't using and offered it to me. All it needs is a good scrubbing and it'll be just like new.

Later on that night as we were talking about coffee, I mentioned that I was going to buy a little french press, so I could have some on weekends. And what does D's mom pull out of her armoire but a perfect stainless steel and glass press with a black handle - the exact colour and size I would have bought. Although I refused to take it several times, she insisted. She actually had never used it before and it had just been hidden away for the past few years. So lucky!

Thinking about: Going on vacation. Everyone I know is going or has recently been on a trip. I'm sure some of you are experiencing the same thing! My parents just got back from Cuba, my sister is going in May and my co-workers seem to be on a never-ending, rotating vacation schedule. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, but I am planning a trip with the ladies in my Dad's family in November. I haven't been down south in six years so I am very much looking forward to a fun, family trip. I can't even tell you how excited I am to be reunited with the Caribbean sea. I'm a mermaid at heart.


PS - I have a fun post of my bathing suit picks coming up soon!

Watching: The Killing. Once again we've been "binge-watching" a TV series on Netflix. Most nights we watch one or two episodes and we're now nearing the season finale of the first season. So much has happened this season and the last episode even had me tearing up, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it all works out. Have you ever watched it?

Wearing: Jeans on Fridays! With my new job, comes a new dress code. At my workplace, we have casual Fridays which I love. Since I've only been there four weeks, it's still a novelty to be able to wear jeans to work. I usually pair mine with a breezy button up and a cardigan or blazer. I try to keep it professional, but I get to have a little bit of fun with it. Do you have casual Fridays too? What do you wear? I'd love some ideas!

xx Janelle


**Props to Megan & Danielle for the post inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're having a good weekend! Hopefully you'll get to have some good coffee again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love it when the things you need seem to pop into your life. It's totally awesome when that happens. I hope you have a great weekend.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your little notes always make my day!