So here are 5 things I'm happy for this week:
1. SUNSHINE. Without really noticing it, the weather has been a bit bummy around these parts. Thankfully though, today it's nothing but clear blue so we're going to take advantage of it and check out the Buskers on the waterfront with Abby.
2. Catching up with friends you haven't seen in too long. Last weekend I got the chance to spend a couple days with not one, but two, of my closest friends. We chatted about girlie things, shopped, had a patio lunch, went to a concert and went out dancing with some cool people. Last night I also met up with a friend I used to work with and we had a lovely, delicious supper at a new-er restaurant in the waterfront/Hollis St area, Baton Rouge. It was just what I needed.
3. A happy pup. It's hard not to smile when Abby is licking my face. Unless it's 6am...
4. Weekend morning laziness. There's something about waking up and not having to go anywhere... or even just having 15 minutes to lay there. It's a definite luxury.
5. My Nan & Grandad. My grandparents are the best. A couple of weekends ago Grandad showed up unannounced at the train station because he knew I'd have to walk home in the rain with my suitcase. Just this past week (and a handful of times before that) they drove us to the vet. Oh, and did I mention that Nanny never lets me leave empty handed? Love them.
What are you happy for?
Also, I kind of took an unplanned blogging break in the past couple weeks. I'm still trying to figure this whole Blogger thing out. When I'm working full-time on a computer all day, I don't feel as motivated to blog at night. I want to, but sometimes my eyes say no! I have so many things I could write about, but I need to pin-point what I want to write about. My favorite blogs are lifestyle blogs, but honestly, I don't know if my life is exciting enough to write about! Haha. We'll see.... I love doing home projects and crafts, but that can get costly. What do you like reading on my blog? Do you come for the recipes? The updates? The home stuff? I'd love to hear what you think! See you on Sunday for a Steppin Out post?