Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Merry Christmas!


FYI: I'm not one of those crazy pet owners who treat their dog like their child. I'm in denial. Really though, we took her because it was a fundraiser for the SPCA. Since we got her from an SPCA shelter, we can't help but donate when we get the chance. We're so thankful to be able to have her. She definitely makes our lives a bit more exciting....

We brought Abby to get her picture taken with Santa at our local Pet Valu a couple weeks ago and this was the result. They had her sitting by Santa's legs for a bit and then decided to put her on the unwilling Santa's lap. She was looking all around and squirming and then all of a sudden her ears perked up and she smiled for a split second and SNAP. This was the winner. 

Just look at that smile! Isn't she precious? I laughed for a solid 5 minutes when I first saw the photo... mostly because I saw how hard it was to get her to pay attention initially. But the treats came through in the end...

Hope you're having a great day.

4 comments:

  1. That is adorable! :) We brought our boys to a fundraiser last year for the shelter I used to work at, but the results were not this awesome. So cute.

    -Sara-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god you really do treat your dog like a child haha!!

    Also I hope you like the macaroons! They are my moms recipe haha. She swears the secret is using a whole egg instead of just the whites. You can also try to cocoa candy cane macaroons, but I almost prefer the original, dipped in chocolate of course. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah! I did spruce it up a bit using Picnik.com.

    Val, literally every recipe I find says whites only and so I don't make them because I know I'll end up wasting the yolks... I'm definitely going for the originals. Maybe tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah I know and I hate wasting food. Cuz what can you use just yolks in? I don't know. Let me know how they turn out. Perhaps through a blog? Perhaps I'll get to try one!??! Hope to see you soon.
    PS - I'm writing this form the airport!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your little notes always make my day!