Sunday, December 11, 2011

Source via Kristina Marie

This is something everyone should see. And not only see, but strive for.

I try to keep this in mind when someone treats me unfairly, does something I don't understand or is just straight up mean. Particularly, strangers. You just don't know what happened to them earlier on in the day. They may have lost their wallet, their job or even a close family member. And for people whom you do know... you don't know the ins and outs of their own mind. You can never know exactly what it's like to be someone else. You can't possibly know exactly how they feel, because feelings are subjective and contextual. So, be careful. Instead of being defensive by default, be kind. 

Just a reminder. More for myself than anyone in particular...

On that note, I hope you all have a fantastic Sunday! Also, I'll be doing some baking today for a potluck Christmas party so pop back over on Tuesday for a recipe.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your little notes always make my day!