Friday, January 25, 2013

baby, it's really, really cold outside


This picture was taken last summer on one of my lunch breaks in the park. And now? The pond is one big sheet of the thickest ice you can imagine. It's been -30C with the windchill here for the past few days. -30! That's -22F, for my American friends. Cold enough for my friend's water bottle to freeze shut on the way to the gym. Cold enough to freeze your thighs like chicken breasts. Cold enough that you get a headache if you leave your forehead exposed.

I'm not complaining though, because let's face it - it is winter. In northern NB, when I used to live with my parents, we used to get cold snaps like this at least 5 times a winter. They still do! But here in Halifax, it's normally about 10 degrees warmer. Not this week. Way to be the Canadian stereotype and find a way to stretch one weather comment into two paragraphs, eh?

Anyway, our plans for the weekend are pretty relaxed. Lot's of space to do whatever we want. Tonight we need groceries badly. D just packed his lunch for today, but you can hardly even say that because all it is is a banana and an apple. Haha!
 

What are you up to this weekend? Is it also freeeeezing where you are?

xx Janelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your little notes always make my day!