Saturday, May 28, 2011

Casa Fridays: Mini Closet Makeover

Good morning!

I'll have a post up today with before & after pics of my storage closet. In the meantime, check out these creative closet makeovers from Real Simple magazine. 
----------------------------
As promised, here are the before & afters of my storage closet. Note that the Before is actually midway through as I only realized I should take pictures after I had already pulled out all of the cardboard boxes that were stacked there.

Avant

Apres

Please ignore the large door on the side that looks like an old piece of plywood. Our closet door in our bedroom kept coming off the track, even after being repaired, so Darryl took it off and we're storing it here for now.

This is what we were up to on Victoria Day! D started vacuuming and this motivated me cleaning out the storage closet. I used to have to keep my dresses in the coat closet which was not very convenient. That added to the fact that I also have gym clothes in the storage closet, pyjamas in a box under the bed, clothes in a dresser and in my room closet made me consider the storage closet as an option for a 2nd closet. So I pulled out the mountain of boxes in the closet and rearranged the rest of the junk and pushed it to the opposite side of what you see in the photo. (That's when I took the before pic) Then after I vacuumed and washed the floor I moved in my plastic storage container, all of my dresses & my jewelery hanger. A new walk-in closet in one hour and fo' free!

Thanks for reading,

xo Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your little notes always make my day!