I used light cream cheese & light cool whip, because to me they taste the same. If you prefer the full-fat versions, I'm sure they would sub in fine. Or, feel free to sub in light peanut butter if you want an even lighter treat.
Here's what you need:
|Most of the ingredients to make a little "piece of heaven" (get it?)|
1 pre-made graham cracker crust (or make your own if you've got the time)
2 pkgs light cream cheese
~1/4 c peanut butter
1/2 c Reese peanut butter Chipits
cool whip (as needed)
How to do it up:
1. If you want to pre-bake your crust follow the instructions on the lid. Otherwise, go to step 2.
2. Heat up both cream cheese packages by opening them and placing the blocks on a plate. Microwave for 30 seconds, check them and then heat again for 20-30 more seconds if needed.
3. Plop the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Add brown sugar a couple tablespoons at a time, creaming the mixture together well. Add the peanut butter. (Have a taste to see if more sugar is needed. If so add one tbsp at a time.)
4. Add the peanut butter chips and mix to evenly distribute them.
5. Scoop the mixture into the center of the graham cracker crust and spread gently outward toward the edges. Don't worry if the crust breaks up a bit, the mixture should hold it together.
6. Refrigerate until set, if you can wait that long... If not, top with a dollop of whipped cream and indulge yourself!
And the result is a cheesecake that's creamy, nutty and decadent but light. FYI this recipe was inspired by many others I've seen linked to on Tastespotting but I came up with a modified recipe that was more simple and (a little) less sweet. Let me know if you give it a try!
*What's your favorite PB recipe? Tell me in the comments!